Wednesday, April 23, 2008

My Favorite Song


My favorite song, as of this moment, would have to be "Soldier's Poem" by the British rock band Muse. I was unable to find an authentic music video, but this was the most professional one on the market. This video was originally for the song "Wake Me Up When September Ends" by the sell-out "punk" rock band Green Day, but I feel that Muse has put it to better use.
In this video, we see a couple broken up due to the male's enlisting in the United States military. Both individuals are obviously distressed, as the male struggles to make it through hell alive, and the female spends everyday in a fit of worrysome behavior.
The significant object in this music video was the ring. This ring is obviously significant because, toward the end of the song, we see the girl staring deeply at it, no doubt remembering her significant other and praying for his safety. It's is a very touching scene, and I personally feel that "Soldier's Poem" does more justice to this video than "Wake Me Up When September Ends".
"Wake Me Up When September Ends" is a song by Green Day, as I've stated earlier. Green Day used to be a punk rock group devoted to singing/writing about adolescent youth, but as soon as the war on terrorism erupted, the band immediately switched to political rock. Hmmmm. I wonder why? Because they are sell-outs. Green Day capitalized on the war simply for record sales. I would wager my right thumb that lead singer/song writer Billy Joe Armstrong has absolutely no idea what the hell is going on over there. Muse has been a political band since day one. Case and point: Muse knows what they're talking about, they have integrity (not to mention lead singer/guitar player/pianist Matthew Bellamy has twice as much talent in his left foot than all of Green Day) and they are way more talented.
Muse is the real deal. My favorite song changes at least twice everyday, but as of right this moment, at 10:40 pm on April 23, 2008, "Soldier's Poem" by Muse is my most favorite song in the world.

No comments: